Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Dog's Birthday




We found out that today is Fletcher's birthday. The kids insisted on having a birthday party for him. I tried and tried to get out of it, mostly by just ignoring them. I tried to explain that he is a dog and he has no idea about birthdays, and really doesn't care. But it was all to no avail, the kids won, and we had a small celebration for him, which consisted of him getting a few new toys (which have already been destroyed) and a lot of treats.


This is a gross huge bone part he received. It had tons of stuff falling off of it. It has been relegated to the back yard. Fletcher isn't very happy about my decision, but I am the boss.










Everyone had fun playing with him and his new toys, until they broke.



3 comments:

Celia Fae said...

Oh barf. My kids always make me do this for the cats birthdays, and I feel the same way you do. Cute pictures though. I hope you didn't have to do anything. Wait until he dies and you have to put on a funeral....

D-dawg said...

Your kids seem to love having Fletcher around and that is so great. It was our cat's birthday this month and the kids wanted to celebrate but then they forgot... and I didn't remind them. Thank heavens.

Audry said...

Your dogs birthday is the same day and my son's.