Thursday, October 25, 2007

Things to be Happy about




I've been trying to take more notice of the joyful things in my life lately. These are a few things that have brought me happiness this week.



Going into a store and finding strawberries on sale for 99 cents a pound. They were actually very good and tasty. I bought ten packs over the course of a few days and have been greatly enjoying them. My favorite way has been on waffles with half a can of whipped cream. This is not just a breakfast dish.















Loma Vista is having a book fair this week. Sandra got her first chapter book and devoured it in less than a day. It was fun to watch her be so excited to read, even if it was hard to get her to get ready for bed. She hasn't stopped reading since then. It is such a joy to see your kids develop a love for something good.


Tuesday night I subbed for a yoga class. Its was one of the funnest classes I have ever taught. It was huge class, and everyone really seemed to enjoy it. We did lots of hard poses, and laughed as we struggled with them. (sorry no pic to go with this, I'm not quite as stealthy as Celia with the camera)




I ordered some items from Amazon last week. They showed up a week earlier than expected. I am so happy to be reading the sequel to a good book. Boxes in the mail are always fun, esp when they are something you have been waiting for.




5 comments:

Audry said...

Those strawberries look very tastey. I think I might have to go buy some.

Enjoy the fact that Sandra loves to read because Madisen hates it. It is a huge struggle for me to get her to read. She does love to write though

Juli said...

I loved those books! I read all of them and I am now listening to Eclipse again on my ipod.

Paige said...

I'd like Edward and some of those strawberries, all mixed up, please.

Celia Fae said...

Where are the strawberries on sale? I need to know.

I can't wait to hear your take on the vampire books. I'm kind of jealous that you get to read them for the first time.

D-dawg said...

LOVED the vampire books. And LOVE getting packages in the mail. How fun for you. Those strawberries do look so good!!!