Monday, January 28, 2008

Sickness

A few weeks ago Andrew and I were discussing how we have not had any big illnesses so far this season. Just a bit of someone or other not feeling real well. Our luck has run out. About a week and a half ago, Sandra started complaining of headaches. They came and went so we didn't worry too much about it. The Sunday before MLK day, after church, all three girls seemed to start feeling unwell, and were pretty much out of it Monday. By Tuesday they seemed to be feeling better, except for Cammie, who woke up and couldn't open her eyes. She spent the week home from pre-school, off and on feeling better or worse.


During the week, Kyle started complaining about not feeling well and being very tired with some chills. He continued to go to school and suffered through it because of my rule which says no fever, no barfing, you go to school.

Well, yesterday, half-way thru Primary, Sandra informed me she had a sore spot in her throat. She then woke me up early this morning, letting me know it still hurt, so the plan was to let her stay home from school and finally go to the doctor. When Kyle found out she was staying home for a sore throat he exclaimed that it was not fair because he also had a sore throat. So needless to say, I had to let him stay home also.
After half an hour trying to get through to the Doctor's office (first thing Monday morning is the worst time to call) I managed to get them both appointments today. We went and had the two tortured with a throat swab and waited and found out that they both have strep. So thinking about how Cammie had also been sick, we decided to wait some more and have her tortured also, and found out that she too has it.

The girls playing on the dino bed while waiting, and Kyle again threatening to delete all blogs if I took his picture and published it. I'm really going to have to make sure he never figures out the password.
So now I am filled with guilt, wondering how long they have had strep and been suffering. Secretly worried that because I didn't know and they all went to Primary yesterday, everyone else will get it and the whole ward will hate me. Also, I was supposed to teach a yoga class this morning, I mis-understood when I called someone to fill in for me, so she really couldn't and there was no teacher, it was purely my fault.
At least for Kyle, he finally gets to stay home from school. But sadly for him, mean mom doesn't let him play computer games.
Luckily, they are all on drugs and should be feeling better soon. Hopefully now the rest of us won't end up with it.

5 comments:

Audry said...

Strep is a tricky one because sometimes the symtom's are very similar to a cold. I use to get it all the time when I was a kid. It is not fun. Good luck, and hopefully nobody else gets it.

D-dawg said...

Lexi has been complaining of headaches too. But not a sore throat. Strep hurts! I hope they feel better soon! And Kyle is funny with his hood on... why does he hate to have his picture posted???

Celia Fae said...

We have the fever at my house too. Henry. I hope no one else gets it. Want to know something weird? We're immune to strep so far.

K Sue said...

Strep is the worst! I hope they all feel better soon. The wonderful thing about church is the sharing. We share stories, testimonies, food at parties, and sickness. It is just part of "sharing in the Gospel" It is not like you know they had it at church. Good luck with sick kids at home. That makes a not fun day for you. Thank goodness for good drugs!

K Sue said...

Strep is the worst! I hope they all feel better soon. The wonderful thing about church is the sharing. We share stories, testimonies, food at parties, and sickness. It is just part of "sharing in the Gospel" It is not like you know they had it at church. Good luck with sick kids at home. That makes a not fun day for you. Thank goodness for good drugs!