Monday, February 11, 2008

Short Updates

Yes, I know I haven't updated for a few weeks. I have planned many posts, just never quite got around to getting them done. There is actually a reason for this, but I'm not going to share. However, here a some of the pictures and brief notes to go along.


Continueing on the sickness theme: Travis and Mindy also got to have a day at the Dr's. They too, got to join in the antibiotic fun. So was it fun to have 5 kids with strep throat? Not exactly, but there are a few positives:


We were able to replenish our syringe supply.


With all these bottles staring at me everytime I got in the fridge, we actually got the 10 days worth of doses done in .................10 days for most of the kids. (usually by day 6 or 7 I start forgetting, and by day 14 I just give up and throw the rest in the trash). Notice there is not a bottle for Travis. He was the lucky one and got pills, although the pharmacy did give him a syringe with his huge horse tablets. I just couldn't figure out how to get the pill to go through the little hole. Maybe we were supposed to use it to squirt liquid down his throat forcing him to swallow?



The kids were getting along at dosing time as they were having sympathy for each other, having to take the gross medicine. We had much commiserating over how horrible the stuff tasted, how glad they would be when it was gone, and how they hoped to never get strep again. (I'll take niceness from the kids any way I can get it.)



On top of the strep, Travis and Kyle, ended up with a bad viral infection at the same time, consisting of horrible headaches and high fevers. They blame me for this, since I happened to actually say how nice it had been that we hadn't had any major illnesses yet this winter. I had kids home from school for two and a half weeks. Finally they all seem to be better.





Travis build a cool tower out of Jenga blocks. (It was very tempting to knock it down, but mommy niceness actually prevailed, and instead I took a picture.)


Cammie gave a talk in Primary a few weeks ago. This always amazes me because of how shy she is. She has no problem getting up in front of people and talking. She was counting down the days all week, and very eager to go do it.











Andrew had a birthday. It was on Superbowl Sunday. He didn't get much because he kept telling me not to buy him anything. This is because we started playing WOW again, and got the expansion packs, he didn't want to wait until his birthday for those. He got to spend time playing with the kids. That evening we went over to Olsen's to celebrate Brittons birthday that had been earlier in the week. I was a bit late, because Travis had a big project due the next day for school, and I was making him finish it up before he could go. When he and I got there, all the bigger peeps were watching the Superbowl, a few minutes later it all went dark. Apparently some drunk had hit a power pole, knocking out the electricity for a few hours. We heard it was an exciting ending to the game, but we didn't get to see. We spent the rest of the evening in the dark. The girls had lots of fun playing a game with Renee by candlelight.




Cammie and Sandra were supposed to be "Scooping the Poop" but instead were playing on the tramp, since it was finally a nice sunshiney day. They had fun with static.



















I took Mindy and Cammie shopping for new church shoes, as they had grossly outgrown the ones they had, and Cammie had stepped in the poop with hers so instead of wasting time cleaning shoes that took 5 minutes to get on her feet, we just tossed them in the trash. Sandra was the lucky one who got lots of shoes, she didn't even go. These were on clearance mostly for $4 and $7 so I just couldn't resist. I figured if they were too big, we could save them until she grew into them, and if they were too small, we could save them for Cammie. She was very happy when I came home with 4 pairs of shoes for her.














While we were shopping, we stopped for lunch and Mindy and Cammie shared an Oreo milkshake.







Finally, Cammie got her CTR ring in Primary. She is very excited to have this, and constantly changes her mind about wether or not she will take if off to go to bed, or shower.

2 comments:

Audry said...

Jaden was excited about his CTR ring too. Sorry about the sickness, Madisen was sick on Saturday not fun.

Juli said...

Sounds like you have been busy. Too bad everyone was sick. Happy Late Birthday to Andrew!