Friday, April 11, 2008

Tortola, BVI




We woke up the last day of the cruise, docked on the island of Tortola. The water there was the most beautiful I had seen.








The beach at Brewers Bay had decent waves. We had heard that it had good snorkeling, but when we got there, the waves were too rough for snorkeling. However they were just about perfect for body surfing, and this made Andrew's day. (if you look hard you can find him in the surf)





I actually managed to catch a few and get a good ride. I think this was the first time in my life I have successfully done it. I also had one of my most embarrassing moments and am still hoping that no one related to me actually saw it.


The beach even came complete with cute little critters, and wild chickens.











Sadly for Andrew, it was a short port day, and being the last, all the women decided they wanted to get back early to do some last souvenir shopping, so he didn't get to spend as long as he wanted in the waves, but it was a nice finish to the trip.


(the donkey you were supposed to pay to get pictures of, but I snuck one while walking by.)

1 comment:

Juli said...

We didn't see your embarssing moment. Now we are curious as to what happened???