Thursday, October 01, 2009

My Set-Up

The real purpose for this trip is so that I could work on copying my grandmothers history. For several years I have been wanting to copy her many books of family history/memory books. About a year and a half ago I decided that with the good quality of scanner/printers I could come up and just copy everything, then go have it professionaly copied and bound into books for any other relatives that wanted it. I made plans to come during this break from school, and then had the happy realization that I now had a laptop, so I could just scan the books into it, which would be much faster than scanning and printing.

Today I went to my grandmother's to get the books. I had thought she had about 9 or 10 books. My mom thought she had about 5. It turns out there are 15. This is going to be much bigger than I thought. I managed to get 2 books copied tonight. Luckily I have a whole week to get this done.

No comments: