Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I got to spend this last weekend in Sacramento at a two day yoga training. Highlights of the weekend were:


Learning how to teach new exciting poses like:


Cow's Face (one of my favorites for many years.)

Frog

Lord of the Fishes

Gate

Marichi 1 & 2

Don't you just want to come to my classes and learn these fun poses with me?


Spending the night in a nice hotel. It even had a sleep number bed. Like this is some really big deal. Unfortunately, since I don't already own a sleep number bed, I don't know what my "number" is. After being in classes for 9 hours, by the time I made it to the bed, I was just too tired to try to find out. Maybe I should request a free night so I can take advantage of this.

My room was even upgraded to a "waterview" room, vs. a "plaza" view room. This was supposed to be a big deal according to the clerk. I didn't understand why, since it was already dark when I got there, and I was leaving first thing in the morning. He explained that there was a lake with a fountain and lights shining on it. All very neat to look at.
So I go to my room. Wander over to the windows, and sure enough they look out over some very dark water, and a tree. I know there was a fountain, because I had seen it on my way to the room. Unfortunately, it was blocked by a tree. I could see a string of christmas lights across the water. That was so exciting. Here is what my daytime view would have been like if there hadn't been a tree. Actually it was a very nice room. Unfortunately after a day of classes, I was just too tired, sore, and utterly exhausted to truly take advantage of being there alone.

Yummy chicken coconut soup and curry for lunch from Thai Basil.

For some reason I always feel a little guilty when I go to these, and that inhibits my really enjoying the alone time. Maybe I am worried about my great husband and the kids. I know I always pray extra hard for him while I am gone.

2 comments:

Celia Fae said...

I need more of your guilt because that sounds like a fabulous trip. Except for the classes all day. Is everyone sooo flexible? Are there any weird hippie people?

Audry said...

I agree with Celia, I've even considered going with trip on a business trip just so I could be alone in the hotel room. How bad is that?