Monday, December 17, 2007

One of Paige's hugest fears happened in my house a few weeks ago. Cammie was using some scissors to cut the string off a balloon. I walked by and saw a pile of hair on the floor by her.

She had been wanting a haircut for along time. I think this was her way of pushing the issue. Mindy used to do this a lot. Unfortunately for her, she did this right as we were getting ready to go on our trip, so there just wasn't time to fit a haircut in. Fortunately those really long strands of hair were cut from the under layers behind her ear, so it didn't really show. If it had been worse I of course would have taken care of it immediately.

Yesterday I finally managed to give her her long anticipated and eagerly awaited hair cut.

While I was at it, I decided to take care of everyone elses haircut needs. Mindy and Sandra just got trims (Sandra was horrified by this, but I think she is ok now.)


Travis and Kyle got their normal shearing




Other highlights of the week:


Kyle had a band concert. I was unable to find a substitute for my yoga class, so Andrew took him, Cammie, and Mindy. (more mommy guilt for me.) He said it was bad, mainly because Cammie didn't want to sit and listen thru the whole thing. Cammie thought it was great, because she saw one of her pre-school teachers and some friends there.


Brentwood Community Chest had its annual food sorting and boxing night. We forced Travis and Kyle to go, to get a required 8 hours of community service for one of their merit badges. Being the great mom that I am, as we were leaving I called a couple of their friends moms to see if we could rope a couple more people into going with them to make it more fun. (Thanks Carol and Celia for being such willing moms). Later that evening I took the girls to let them help and so we could feel like we had done a little bit of service to help others.
Cammie had a lot of fun putting cans into the boxes and pushing them along the line. She was very disappointed Saturday morning when she couldn't go with the boys to help hand items out.

4 comments:

Audry said...

Madisen loves to get her hair cut. I told her that she needed one and she asked me everyday until I took her to get it done. But Jaden on the other hand cries every time I mention hair cut.

Paige said...

Oh so sorry! I'm relieved the damage isn't that bad. You are amazingly matter of fact about it, and you saved a ton of money but cutting all the all on all those kids! I hope you spend that saved money on yourself. You deserve it after the trauma!

Celia Fae said...

Cammie's hair really doesn't look bad at all. You got lucky.

Thanks for making my kid serve. He needed it.

D-dawg said...

Good job on the cuts...do you do them yourself? I once tried to cut my sisters hair and did a horrible job. I wish I could cut hair it would save so much money!