Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bags

Last month for Enrichment night we were going to make tote bags out of placemats. The samples were really cute, I thought it would be really fun to do. I got a little too carried away when I went to the store to buy a placemat and had to buy several. I finally got them all made. They are very easy and fun to do.
Originally I thought I would make them and fill them up with something as a Christmas present for the girls. Unfortunately I didn't want to have to work on them in secret, so they have seen them. Now I don't know what to do. They don't actually like the ones I had intended for them, (they all want the yellow and brown ones, which I wanted for myself, even though I have no use for them) and they really don't need any more bags. (Purses and bags are one of the things I am always secretly trying to get rid of whenever I help them clean their rooms. They have shelves of them) I thought about saving them till Christmas and hoping we get some girl cousins in the gift exchange, but I know the girls would really like to have them. Until I decide what to do, they are just sitting in my living room being a bit annoying. I bet within a couple of days the girls will just start taking them over, my guess is Cammie will be the first to start using one for her treasures she collects.

2 comments:

Juli said...

Your bags are so cute! What a great idea.

Celia Fae said...

Ann, those are cuter than they were at RS. I am impressed that you actually made them. Maybe you can give them away as birthday presents for girls....