Friday, September 07, 2007

Friday after the wedding we went up some canyon to camp overnight and then spend Saturday playing in the very shallow river and attempting to tube down it. There was a lot of "bottoming" out on these tubes.

Sandra found a bunch of rocks in a hill and was determined to dig them all out. She did pretty good, there was just one large one she didn't manage to get, probably because she decided to spend alot of time in the water and playing with her cousins.


Cammie did not like tubing. She was worried that the tube would pop and she might be dumped in the ankle deep water. She says next year she will like it better. She really enjoyed just playing around in the water on her own.

Andrew decided that he would be a "REAL MAN" and do the river without a tube. It was quite entertaining for all who watched. I'm not sure if he did ever manage to float above all the rocks.

Here is Andrew's better than Disneyland tube ride. There was actually a current in the water that helped them all go round and round.


Sunday night everyone came to Andrew's parents for dinner. All the kids decided to dress up silly and put on a little play.
Jonothan the drag queen hopeful.
I missed the actual play as I had gone in to start getting us all packed up to head home on Monday. It was a good trip, if only we could somehow not have to spend the 13 hours each way in the car.
I really enjoyed my new camera I bought before we left. I dropped my old one a few weeks ago and it no longer wants to work. I just didn't want to go on a trip without one, so I had to buy a new one. Andrew was refusing to use it because it is pink. I must say that after handing it around to people at the wedding to get pictures of us, I was glad for its distinctive color. I could always find it right away amidst the handfuls of silver and black cameras.

3 comments:

Rich said...

The trip looks like it was a lot of fun! We are sad we weren't there. Good to hear Kyle didn't throw up until Nevada. How many times did he throw up in Nevada?

D-dawg said...

How fun Ann! It looks like you guys had a great trip.

Celia Fae said...

Ann, I'm glad you and your pink camera are back to blogland. I especially liked the car photos because really, that is where the action is.